Paper submissions are invited for the Australian Biomedical Engineering Conference (ABEC 2021), being held from 21-22 October 2021 Virtually.
Paper submissions are now being accepted for the Conference.
The deadline for Paper submissions is 11:59 18 July 2021.
Papers for ABEC 2021 must be submitted under one of the following themes:
- Biomedical Engineering Practice
- Biosensors & Wearables,
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
- Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management
- The Digital Hospital
- Digital health and Cybersecurity
- Machine Learning and Big Data
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Biomechanics & Computational Bioengineering
- Manufacturing (Start-ups, standards and Regulatory Processes)
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology
- Surgical Technology, Implantables and Cardiovascular Devices
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Disaster preparedness, are we ready for the next pandemic
- From concept to bedside – what did we learn in 2020
- Cross Australia Check-up – A State-by-State Update
If you wish to submit an paper for consideration by the Technical Committee, you must also intend to register for the conference. Online submission is the only accepted method of submitting papers.
Papers for ABEC 2021 must be submitted under one of the themes and as one of the following formats:
An oral presentation consists of a brief talk and question and answer session. Presentation slides, video clips and props are encouraged but not compulsory.
Should your paper be accepted into the program it is a condition of presentation that an author must move to the Paper submission process. No paper no presentation at the Congress.
A poster presentation consists of visual information (photos, graphics, text, tables and figures) that will be displayed at the Congress in a poster format.
Paper Template – 1-page
Paper Template – 4-page
Papers must be submitted online as PDF documents only using a specific format for one (1) or four (4) pages. These two paper templates are available above and must be used for all Papers submitted.
PAPERS NOT SUBMITTED IN THE CORRECT FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
General Policies and Requirements for Paper Submission
- Please note that while there is no limit on the number of papers you can submit, the Conference Program Committee will, where possible, limit the number of presentations per first author to one.
- Successful papers must be presented by the lead author/s or a nominated co-author. The presenting author’s name must be listed in bold font in the author list.
- Submissions must be original works which have not been presented previously.
- A maximum of two people can present an paper but both presenters must be registered to attend the Conference.
- If the paper is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides (for oral presenters), video, audio recording and photos taken during the oral presentation to be used and published by ABEC 2021 including being provided to delegates of ABEC 2021.
- Online submission is the only method for submitting papers for ABEC 2021.
How to submit an paper for ABEC 2021
- An account must be created in order to submit an paper.
Paper Submission Guidelines
- All papers must be prepared in the format specified in the Paper Submission Guidelines
- The Paper must be written in English.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the paper is submitted correctly.
- Authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2MB) at the time of paper submission. Photos and bios for co-authors may also be provided but are optional.
- Upon paper submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing their paper in a PDF file. Please contact [email protected] if a confirmation email is not received.
- The paper should not be resubmitted for any reason other than if notified of a submission error.
- Authors can view or edit their papers by returning to their online account and by selecting 'Paper Submission'. Edits can be made to papers until the review process begins July 18 2021.
- By submitting an paper the authors agree to the General Policies and Requirements listed above and the Speaker/Author Agreement
- Accepted presenters must be registered for the Conference by 31 August 2021.
- All presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Conference to ensure their paper is included in the final program, no funding or discounts are available to presenters.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending ABEC 2021.